Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Remembering Mama!
How can I even begin to express what a beautiful and wonderful person my mother was. Today marks the 3rd anniversary of her passing. I miss her every single day! I see her in all my children and grandchildren. I see her in my garden and in the night sky. Every butterfly reminds me of her beautiful nature. She was always so happy to see you and she made you feel like you were her favorite. All of us thought we were her favorites and we were!
I just finished the study of Ruth yesterday. In Ruth 4:16, "Then Naomi took the child and cuddled him to her breast and rendered faithful care to the baby." (my interpretation). What a beautiful, tender moment for a grandmother. This child from the union of Ruth & Boaz was Obed. This baby is the grandfather of David the King. The whole book of Ruth expresses the Lord's loyal love ("hesed" in the Hebrew) to us. Even when we are faithless, He is faithful. He loves us so much!
I think my Mother knew the meaning of "hesed" because she always unconditionally loved us. I will always be thankful that the Lord gave me such a precious Mother. She was my best friend, my encourager, my mother.... How I miss you Mama and can't wait to see you one day! I love you with all my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment